Thank you for your interest in writing for Roar LK.
The first step is to pitch us your content idea for our team of editors to look at and provide feedback
Here are some points to keep in mind before sending us your idea
- Original ideaPitch us an original idea. If it is a topic we have already covered, tell us why it needs to be revisited.
- SummariseElaborate on your idea in a couple of paragraphs. Tell us the essence of the piece, how you hope to flesh it out, and whom you plan to interview, if relevant.
- Additional contentsTell us how you plan to illustrate the piece. Do you have any photographs that might be useful? Also let us know if you have any ideas for infographics that might be helpful to illustrate the article.
- Referance articleFor photo essays, send us a brief pitch that is similar to the one for articles. The same applies for videos.
- Previous works?Wherever possible, do send us some clips of your previous work so we have an understanding of your writing style.
- Explicitly local contentsWe don’t accept blog posts or travelogues. Also, all our articles, photo essays and videos must be at least tangentially linked to Sri Lanka.
- Review processWe will review your content pitch and if we like it we will get in touch with you via the email provided with next steps.
- Want to know more?If you have any questions or queries you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org